Open Wounds

Blog Fest – Time to Hop!

It took me a whole week to figure out how to participate but it finally clicked and I’m in. This Pay It Forward Blog Fest is brought to you by Matthew MacNish and Alex Cavanaugh. Hop, hop, hop!

Here are three blogs I follow:

Patten Pending

A Pen, A Marker, And Some Correction Fluid

Cheryl Rainfield

Advertisements

8 responses

1. amydelrosso

October 14, 2011 at 7:03 am

2. Joe,

You signed up for this shit? WTF? You’re such a pimp. I don’t quite know what to say.

One thing you’ve GOT to do is add GFC. Have you seen this post – http://theqqqe.blogspot.com/2011/09/google-friend-connect-and-wordpress.html ?

Having normal followers would be one thing that would really help people know when to come back to your blog.

On the other hand, I have to say, all the coolest writers I know (you, Andrew, Bryan) don’t have the most popular blogs. They just write the best books and stories.

Sometimes I wonder how much blogs really matter. I think it’s the books, in the end, that really are key.

Anyway, thanks for signing up. If you ever want to talk networking, please hit me up. I owe you a lot more than a few silly blogging tips.

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. Yes, this comment turned into a letter,. It’s a dying art, people, deal with it.

October 14, 2011 at 9:19 pm

• Yes. I am a pimp – a blog pimp and proud of it. I actually got a new follower because of your blog fest so as far as I’m concerned, in addition to the nice number of blog views/hits today, it was a pimping success. And I’m not sure that blogs are the best marketng tool around but these days they are better than old fashioned face-to-face only because conferences and events cost and blogs do not yet reach a larger potential market. And for someone such as yourself it will be an excellent marketing tool as you’ll have a built in national market. And yes, letters are a dying art but they’re still cool and I like ’em. I also found some cool blogs today and got caught up reading about other people’s lives for a little while. And tomorrow is my writing day (morning) so I’m psyched. Life is good.

October 14, 2011 at 11:06 pm

• Joe,

As a hairy, sweaty, gangster ass ex-criminal man, there is only one thing to say: I love you, bro. And calling you a friend is one of the coolest things my life has going for it.

When it comes to all this networking nonsense, and what it means, I think you’re right. The bottom line is books, not blog posts.’

Listen, my sister lives outside Boston. I visit her twice a year, usually. What would you think about me taking a train down to Brighton Beach for a day the next time I’m there? Or Brooklyn or wherever you live. You inspire me, and I’d love to see NY through your POV.

Matt

October 14, 2011 at 11:13 pm

• Let’s do it. And be careful if you end up in Brooklyn as I live in Queens which is also a big-assed city just as Brooklyn is. Not that Brooklyn doesn’t have lots of cool places to see and I lived there for a while too. So, if I’ve got a little warning on when you’ll be in town I’ll show you the sights. Let me konw.

October 14, 2011 at 11:32 pm

3. I know what Matthew is saying. I’m gobsmacked that you are bloghopping. I think that’s cool.

October 16, 2011 at 2:40 pm

• I must be missing something that the two of you are picking up on. Why wouldn’t I be bloghopping? There are so many great blogs I read about and I only touched the surface. By the way, gobsmacked is just one of those great words so few use anymore and needs to be used more often. That… is cool.

October 16, 2011 at 4:01 pm

• Man. I must have been really drunk last night to be acting so weird. Anyway, Joe, I think it’s a matter of published authors not often taking part in things like blog hops, because having a book out sort of gives you some legitimacy that makes people be interested in following you without having to proactively network.

That being said, I think Kristen’s and my point is that it’s cool that you took part anyway. I mean you’re published, yes, and you’re awesome, but you’re also still one of the people, and that’s really cool.

October 16, 2011 at 4:17 pm